For more information or a booking enquiry call
Magic of Lapland now on
01865 396 111
We offer a selection of departures to Lapland from London Gatwick throughout December.
We operate our Christmas programmes to Yllas and Muonio, in Finnish Lapland approximately 150km north of the Arctic Circle. Within these regions the cabins and hotels that Magic of Lapland uses are situated in and around the villages of Akaslompolo, Lapland (approximate population of 400 people), Yllasjarvi, Lapland (approximate population of 200 people) Torassieppi and on the outskirts of the ski town of Levi, Lapland.
Located on the Levi fell in Utsuvaara region in Finnish Lapland, 350m above sea level the kammi and glass igloos are surrounded by forest and offer magnificent views that stretch to neighbouring Norwegian Lapland. Perfect for couples and quiet family retreats, but still with easy access to ski slopes, restaurants, golf course and snowmobile routes.
Equipped to a high standard with a state of the art bathroom and kitchenette, the glass igloo offers the unique experience of sleeping under the stars and Northern Lights whilst staying warm as outside temperatures can plummet to below -35C. The heated glass roof and adjustable bed in the igloo give you a comfortable position from which to see the Northern Lights unspoilt views reaching as far as Norwegian Lapland.
The kammi is built into the side of the fell so it become virtually indistinguishable from the hill itself once the snow has fallen. Combining modern luxury, traditional Finnish design and seventeenth-century French decor, this eccentric building is full of quirks including illuminated toilet paper holders, gold plated shower heads by Rolex and the the crest of Finland's largest chicken breeding family in some mirrors. With the jacuzzi outside overlooking the fell it is the perfect spot the sit and wait for the northern lights and enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding scenery. This eclectically designed kammi is perfect for two couples or smaller families and is as enjoyable as the Arctic activities themselves.
• Premium Glass Igloo Facilities: kitchenette, double bed, shower, WC, hair dryer, CD player. Accommodate up to 2 people. Floor area: 23 square metres. 4 igloos in total.
• Superior Glass Igloo Facilities: kitchenette, double bed, shower, WC, hair dryer, CD player, sofa bed. Accommodate up to 4 people. Floor area: 23 square metres. 8 igloos in total.
• Kammi Facilities: 2 bedrooms, Golden Suite with double bed and en-suite bathroom with toilet and shower, Lumberjack Suite with double bed en-suite toilet, sauna area with sauna, two showers, fridge and fire place, toilet, living room with the sofa bed, fire place and large windows overlooking fell scenery and the views as far as the gold mine of Kittila, TV, radio-CD player, DVD Player, kitchen, jacuzzi on the outside terrace. 1 kammi in total.
N.B. Please note that flights and breaks sell out well in advance and we strongly recommend not booking last minute. Prices may change based on flight cost - flight prices increase as availability decreases and the closer it gets to date of departure.
• Kammi and Glass Igloo Northern Lights Break
Includes: scheduled flights with Finnair, 2 nights in Kammi, 1 night in igloo, 5km husky safari, 25km snowmobile safari, 6km reindeer safari, breakfast and dinner in Kammi, transfers to and from airport and activities, thermal clothing.
• Nortern Lights Winter Classic Break
Includes: scheduled flights with Finnair, 2 nights in standard room in Yllashumina, 1 night in igloo, 9km husky safari, 2x snowmobile safari in search of Northern Lights, meals on half board basis, transfers to and from airport and activities, thermal clothing.
• Kammi and Glass Igloo Santa Break
Includes: charter flights with Monarch, 2/3 nights in Kammi, 1 night in igloo, 5km husky safari, 25km snowmobile safari, 6km reindeer safari, breakfast and dinner in Kammi, transfers to and from airport and activities, thermal clothing.
Booking Enquiry »
Please enquire for further information.
Booking Enquiry »
Flights are based on scheduled flights with Finnair in economy class from either Manchester or London Heathrow.
Depart Manchester/ Heathrow 1020, arrive Helsinki 1315, depart Helsinki 1615, arrive Kittila 1750
Depart Kittila 1330, arrive Helsinki 1515, depart Helsinki 1600, arrive Manchester/Heathrow 1700