Day breaks to Lapland are a way of sampling the Lappish wilderness and Arctic safaris in just one day.
Our Lapland day breaks are based in a wilderness location in the Ylläs area of Lapland and operate in groups of a maximum of 36 clients on the day, with each family having a guaranteed private audience with Santa in his cabin. Our day breaks are set in an uncommercialized, wilderness area and are for the sole use of Magic of Lapland clients, with the electricity only in the log cabin where food is served. The surrounding forest, activity areas and snow paths are lit with candles and log fires as we we aim to create an authentic atmosphere and experience of Lapland at its best.
• Fully chartered flights to/from Lapland with British Airways
• Individual family visit to Santa in Lapland
• Children can write letters to Santa
• Reindeer sleigh ride to Santa’s cabin
• Husky dog ride (700m)
• Snowmobile ride (20 minutes)
• Children’s snowmobiling (supervised by local guides)
• Lappish Ceremony to welcome you to Lapland
• Snow activities (tobogganing, snow-shoe walking and kick-sledging)
• Make gingerbread cookies and Christmas decorations indoors
• Lunch served throughout the day in the log house
• Sausage BBQ on open fire
• Warm drinks (tea and coffee) served throughout the day
• Lapland Arctic Circle Crossing Certificate
• Gift for all children up to 11 years of age
• Thermal clothing inclusive of thermal suit, boots, mittens, and warm socks (clothing for infants 0-2 years on request)
Due to the current global situation we will not be operating our day breaks in December 2022.
If you would like details of our short breaks please click on the enquiry form below.